ECO’s mission partners provide excellent resources to equip, inspire, and connect your congregation to mission. Here are some additional resources which ECO congregations may find helpful as they grow in global mission engagement.
Equip and Mobilize your Congregation
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Perspectives is a fifteen-week course designed around Biblical, Historical, Cultural and Strategic perspectives which highlight different aspects of God’s global purpose.
The Chalmers Center Resources to equip churches to walk alongside people who are poor, breaking the spiritual, social, and material bonds of poverty.
Missio Nexus Missio Nexus engages people who serve within the Great Commission with ideas, events, and resources which propel the gospel around the world.
Lausanne Movement connects influencers and ideas for global mission, with a vision of the gospel for every person, an evangelical church for every people, Christ-like leaders for every church, and kingdom impact in every sphere of society.
William Carey Library Publishes and distributes the best in current thinking on world mission.
Right Now Media A customizable video Bible study library. A subscription provides streaming video resources to every person in your congregation.
Mission Training International Mission Training International offers training to see cross-cultural messengers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ experience effectiveness, endurance and personal vitality.
Medical Benevolence Foundation (MBF) With a core commitment to Christian witness, MBF strives for medical excellence by promoting health through the physical presence of medical mission co-workers, education, disease prevention, and curative care, for those in impoverished communities.VisionSynergy helps Christian organizations work together for maximum impact by developing and strengthening strategic ministry networks and partnerships in critical areas of world mission. They play a unique role in the worldwide Christian movement as one of the few mission service organizations specifically dedicated to empowering ministry collaboration.
Connecting Mission Leaders Conference Connect with other Presbyterian mission leaders at this annual event which seeks to encourage and equip the church for mission. Sponsored by the Outreach Foundation, Frontier Fellowship, and the Antioch Partners.
Urbana One of the largest student missions conferences in the world, Urbana is a catalytic event bringing together a diverse mix of college and graduate students, faculty, recent graduates, pastors, church and ministry leaders, missions organizations and schools.
New Wilmington Mission Conference NWMC is dedicated to helping believers discern their call to be a missionary. Families, youth groups, mission-minded individuals, pastors, lay people and missionaries all have a place at the New Wilmington Mission Conference.
Engaging with Muslims
Bridges Small Group Study Bridges teaches how to use similar concepts in Christianity and Islam as a bridge to understanding and open hearts while providing useful next steps and stories that help you put the teaching into practice.
Encountering Islam Course EWI is designed to help believers connect relationally with the Muslim community and to respectfully explain our hope in Jesus Christ, while not repeating prideful errors of the past. Participants leave the class with a working knowledge of the Islamic faith, how to get involved in reaching out to Muslims, and how to explain their beliefs to Muslims.
30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World is a prayer resource for the month of Ramadan. The informational website and prayer booklet for purchase or download give a great introduction to different Muslim people groups and practices to be praying for, especially during the annual Ramadan fast.
Planning a Mission Trip Webinar The Outreach Foundation’s staff and trustees share expert advice on short-term mission.
Short-Term Mission Trip Participant Journals Talk Points offers 7-10 day devotionals for preparation & reflection before, during, and after the trip.
The Standards of Excellence in Short-Term Mission SOE is an accrediting and resourcing body for those who send, receive, facilitate, and support short-term mission.
- Western Christians in Global Mission, Paul Borthwick and other books by Paul Borthwick
- The Age of Global Giving, Gilles Gravelle
- On Being a Missionary, Thomas Hale
- When Helping Hurts, and Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions— leaders guides, videos and books, Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert Mark
- Christianity Rediscovered, Vincent J. Donovan
- The Meeting of the Currents: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Church, Fritz Kling
- Changing the Mind of Missions, James Engel and William Dyrness
- The New Global Mission: The Gospel From Everyone to Everywhere, Samuel Escobar
- The Next Christendom, Philip Jenkins
- Operation World, Jason Mandryk, Patrick Johnstone et al.
- The Open Secret, Lesslie Newbigin
- The Gospel in a Pluralist Society, Lesslie Newbigin
- Foolishness to the Greeks, Lesslie Newbigin
- The Hole in our Gospel, Richard Stearns
- Today’s All Star Mission Churches, Tom Telford
- The Power of Partnering, Joanne G. Sujansky
Small Group Studies
- Missions: God’s Heart for the World, Paul Borthwick
- The Missional Church: A Vision For the Sending of the Church in North America, Darrell Guder et al
- Transforming Mission: Paradigm Shifts in Theology of Mission, David Bosch
Short-Term Mission Materials
- Short-Term Mission, Brian M. Howell
- Maximum Impact Short-term Missions, Roger Peterson, Gordon Aeschliman, R. Wayne Sneed
- Short-term Missions Workbook: From Mission Tourists to Global Citizens, Tim Dearborn
- Before you Pack Your Bag, Prepare your Heart, Cindy Judge
- Serving with Eyes Wide Open, David A. Livermore
- Cross-cultural Partnerships: Navigating the Complexities of Money and Mission, Mary Lederleitner
- Foreign to Familiar,Sarah Lanier
- Ministering Cross-culturally: An Incarnational Model for Personal Relationships, Sherwood Lingenfelter and Marvin Mayers
- A Beginners Guide to Crossing Cultures: Making Friendships in a Multicultural World,Patty Lane
- Better Together, Sherron George
- Well Connected, Phill Butler
- Making Your Partnership Work, Daniel Rickett
- Navigating the Complexities of Mission and Money, Mary Leiderlieghtner
- A Wind in the House of Islam, David Garrison
- Christian. Muslim. Friend: Twelve Paths to Real Relationship, David Shenk
- The Crescent through the Eyes of the Cross, Nabeel Jaboor
Evangelism and Outreach Materials
- Becoming a Contagious Christian, Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg
- Just Walk Across the Room, Bill Hybels
- Evangelism Made Slightly Less Difficult, Nick Pollard
- Finding Common Ground, Tim Cousins
- The Celtic Way of Evangelism, George Hunter
- Reaching Secular People, Ernan Norman
- I Once Was Lost, Don Everts and Doug Schaupp
- Out of the Saltshaker and into the World, Becky Manley Pippert
- Beyond Awkward,by Beau Crosetto
Book descriptions here, or click on their titles to find descriptions on publisher websites