Communities of Global Engagement are a place for collaborative mission engagement between ECO Church leaders and a shared mission partner or passion. Communities are shaped by the mutual transformation that comes through mission engagement.
Working with pilot groups who had already been collaborating around particular mission partners, we worked out a basic framework for the foundational components of a CGE:
- Shared Mission Commitment: a global partner or passion in mission
- Community Practices – such as prayer gatherings, short-term mission trips, and joint projects
- Leadership team – a few ECO leaders committed to shepherding the mission commitment and facilitating community
Join an existing Community of Global Engagement:
- The Pars Community of Global Engagement will mobilize ECO Churches and others to partner with Pars Theological Centre in “developing leaders to grow the church in Iran and beyond. Fill out the Pars interest form to be added to the contact list.
- The Egypt Community of Global Engagement will activate connection between ECO churches and the ministries of the Synod of the Nile, strengthening our missional relationships. Fill out the Egypt interest form to be added to the contact list.
Start a New Community of Global Engagement
Contact the Director of Global Engagement for ideas and support to initiate a Community of Global Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are some ideas that might spark collaboration and community in mission:
- Initiate a mission trip with others in your presbytery, MAG, or PCG and explore in conversation what on-going collaboration might look like.
- Host a guest speaker about a mission topic, such as serving refugees or human trafficking. Invite other ECO pastors to attend and form a discussion group following. Discern together what on-going initiatives you can encourage in your churches.