Joining ECO As A Pastor
Objectives of the Application Process:
- Ensure pastors will uphold the theological and moral standards of ECO
- Ensure pastors embrace the missional vision of ECO, desiring to minister boldly in a post-denominational environment
- Ensure that a thorough process does not distract pastors from their primary call: to make disciples of Jesus Christ
Pastor Application Process:
- Request an ECO application packet via email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Study the values, theology, and polity of ECO to discern if ECO is an appropriate denominational home.
- Complete and return the application via email to email@example.com. Pay for the background check fee via credit/debit card by calling Shelby Murphy at (805) 201-9019.
- Alternatively, you can mail the application and background payment (check made to ECO) to: ECO Office, 5638 Hollister Avenue Suite 210, Goleta, CA 93117.
- Meet with the Ministry Partnership Team (MPT) of the calling presbytery or the presbytery in your geographic location.
- Once approved, send dismissal letter from prior denomination to the ECO Office (if applicable).
- Once acceptance and dismissal letters are sent to the ECO Office, the applicant’s status will be moved to ECO Pastor.