Summer Mission Mentorship
May 29-July 30, 2023
How would your life be different if you spend next summer being mentored on the mission field? Better yet, how would the world be different?
Whether you want to explore a mission call, or simply grow as a disciple of Jesus in another culture, the summer mission mentorship with ECO Global Engagement will give you the chance to use your gifts and grow your faith. You’ll be sent & supported by your home church, trained by experienced mission leaders, sent to walk and work alongside a field site mentor, and then receive coaching through into the Fall to support you into the next season.
- Cross-cultural: An immersion in another culture that will stretch and shape you
- Mentored Ministry: A mentor to guide you and reflect with you through the experience
- Church-Commissioned: A home base that supports, sends, and prays for you
Summer Mision Mentorship can also qualify for academic credit. Inquire for more details.
2023 Mentorship Sites
- Community Development & Leadership Development in Northwest India
- Missional Discipleship Coaching & Immigrant Outreach with Frontline Church in Liverpool, UK
- Youth Outreach & Mobilization in Egypt
November 1, 2022 – Applications open
January 15, 2023 – Application Deadline
February 1, 2023 – Placements Announced
Fundraising Schedule (March 1 – $1,000 | April 15, 50% goal | May 1, 75% goal | May 15, 100%)
Pre-field training schedule:
- Monthly Zoom Gatherings in March 1, 15, April 12, 26
- Retreat May 29-June 1
On field dates
- Tentative June 2-July26
Post-field debriefing (July 27-30)
Who is eligible to apply?Applicants must be at least 19 years old and be able to demonstrate Christian faith, a commitment to grow, and a desire to serve others. Applications will be available November 1.
How much does it cost?The cost for each mentorship site is developed based on costs for travel, accommodations, and daily life and ministry expenses. The anticipated budget is $4,000-$5,000.
What are the fundraising expectations?As part of the mission mentorship, you’ll be equipped and empowered to raise support for your summer in mission. We encourage your home church to provide a foundational amount, up to 50% of the cost. We’ll provide instructions and support to raise the additional funds.
What happens if I fall short of the fundraising goal?While we don’t anticipate this happening, we’ll work with every candidate to discern a way forward if this need should arise. Cost should never deter your sense of call and commitment to the program.
How do I select a mentorship site?In your application, you’ll be asked to list first, second, and third choices. A dedicated team will review applications, arrange follow-up interviews, and discern the best fit for all qualified applicants.
How are ECO churches involved?– Identify potential candidates for this program and refer them to the application process.
– Encourage those who are accepted into the program with prayer and moral support as they raise funds and prepare for the summer in mission.
– Give a significant starting gift to fund their experience, we recommend up to 50% of the cost.
– Commission the intern during Sunday worship, and invite the whole congregation to send them with prayers and support.
– Receive them back after their mentorship to share their mission experience with the church.